Think you could add value to our company, but don’t see a listing?
Contact Us about an application >>
Cogent Education seeks hard working individuals who wish to make a difference in education, inspire the youth of today, and contribute toward extraordinary interactive tools for teaching and learning. Recognized by those who work here as a great place to work with great people, Cogent Education received the Athens Start-Up of the Year Award in 2013 and was named a Top 40 Most Innovative Company in Georgia in 2014. With numerous education industry and scientific awards, Cogent Education was recognized by Atlanta’s Ground Breaker Magazine for making science come alive! Cogent Education is located in the heart of Athens, GA near the University, surrounded by unique shops and eateries (a culture unlike any other).
Cogent Education offers competitive salaries, generous health and vacation benefits, and a creative and energetic work environment, where everyone has a voice and contributes to the overall success of the company. Professional growth, dedication and contributions are supported, valued and rewarded.
Independent Education Sales Consultant
Cogent Education is seeking to hire independent Sales Consultants for its rapidly growing team. Cogent Education is a developer of interactive case study software for science education in Middle School, High School and Higher Ed.
Cogent Education offers award-winning software applications that engage learners through interactive worlds in which students learn science through inquiry and problem-solving, and provide teachers with real time data on students critical thinking abilities.
- Previous education sales experience
- Experience using a CRM
- Highly connected in the K-12 or Higher Ed industry
- Enjoys presenting and sharing innovative tech-based solutions to teachers
- Excited by the opportunity to interact with people who will influence the quality of the educational process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contacts high school and college science departments to develop new customer relationships over the phone and by email.
- Manages a geographic territory through strategic planning, prioritization, and strong time management skills.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of products, industry trends, and competition in order to effectively employ a consultative and needs-based approach to solution selling.
- Provide customers with sales quotes and online product demonstrations using remote web-based technology tailored to customer needs.
- Maintain current and accurate customer information by creating and managing contact and lead lists through CRM.
- Forecast and report on a bi-weekly basis status on opportunities and necessary steps to close each sale.
- Develop and initiate successful sales strategies that build long-term customers relationships that result in continual, ongoing sales opportunities
- Provide ongoing feedback to marketing to ensure appropriate campaigns and programs reflect customer needs.
- 1-2 years experience working with K-12 or Higher Ed is strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated, successful sales performance working effectively to close sales via email or phone Perferred.
- Self-motivated, with a competitive, but positive team spirit, a strong work ethic, and the capacity to drive sales by working independently.
- A strong technical background and experience with CRM, MS Office and Google docs.
- Possess strong communication skills, enthusiastic, confident, and well organized.
- A team player who knows how to interact with various internal teams to ensure thorough knowledge of products offerings and processes.
- Must be a fast learner with strong presentation skills.
- Degree in Education or Science preferred but not required.
Employment Type: Consultant
Job Type: Independent Education Sales Consultant
Experience: 0 - 3 years
Industry: Education, Educational Technology, E-Learning, Sales
Job ID: Independent Sales
Compensation: High Commission Plan
Travel: Limited travel possible
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com